> yonson > about
I'm Nick, a software developer living in San Diego.
Founding engineer 2021 - Today
Lead software engineer 2012 - 2021
I spent my last three years at Fitbit on the Data Platform team where we worked to transform Fitbit from a hardware focused company to a data focused company. Prior to my time on the Data Platform team, Fitbit was in startup mode and us engineers were spread thin.
- Integrated Big Data jobs into a CI/CD monorepo build system.
- Created an algorithm development abstraction for building, testing, and deploying research based health feature algorithms at scale.
- Brought schema to a JSON world.
- Designed, built, and maintained features (e.g. friends, leaderboard, challenges) as Fitbit scaled a few orders of magnitude.
B.S. Computer Science and Engineering 2011
Follow along at Github and Source Hut.
- Surfing, you can find me paddling out at Grandview.
- Running long distances.
- Big into history podcasts.